TOEFL PREPARATION COURSE
The TOEFL Preparation course is designed to help students develop the necessary skills required for the TOEFL test: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. The course requires a lot of work on the students’ part. Students not only develop their language skills, but also have to focus on developing language taking strategies and critical thinking, reading and writing skills that will help them prove to evaluators that they have the required skills needed to study in any of the UAE universities where this course is required. At our center we use a curriculum based on the latest version of the TOEFL test.
By the end of the course, we hope that you will be able to:
- Develop strategies that will help you to activate existing language knowledge and connect it with new information.
- Develop strategies to help you identify problems related to structure.
- Develop reading strategies such as skimming and scanning.
- Develop listening strategies such as listening for key words, making inferences, and identifying main ideas.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Become more comfortable with assessing your own progress.
- Develop test taking strategies that will:
a. help you to pace yourself while completing different tasks in a test
B. develop your decoding skills in understanding what tests are asking
- Develop strategies that will help you to make connections between what you have learned in class and your experiences in the English-speaking academic world.